I am definitely not a morning person. But throughout my days of rushed mornings I have learned how to make breakfast while getting ready and downing it before I rush out the door.
Here is a crustless quiche which would take only 5 minutes of hands-on time and 15 minutes in the oven (which is the time I take to look put together).
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/3 cup diced bacon
1/2 cup egg whites
Salt & pepper
Dash of garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Slice your veggies. You can really use any kind you want but I had tomatoes
and mushrooms on hand so I just used those.
If you are in a real time crunch feel free to pre-slice your veggies the night before.
Also, dice up your bacon. Any kind will do!
3. Heat up your pan and cook your bacon in it. Do not add oil.
( I used to make the mistake of adding oil but the delicious bacon fat will render up and be more than enough to keep your pan oiled.)
4. When bacon is cooked, add your veggies.
5. While your veggies are sautéing, go ahead and grab your eggs.
Crack ‘em in a bowl and add salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking. Then whisk until thoroughly mixed.
6. Add them to the pan. Do not stir or mix it around, just let it sit for a minute or two until the edges start to cook.
7. Pop it (pan and all) in your preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. (Or until the eggs are cooked through).
8. Run along and go look beautiful.
9. Enjoy your crustless quiche!
Makes 2-3 servings. (My boyfriend eats a lot :P)
*Note: I add egg whites to lower the amount of calories. If you are anti-cardboard egg whites then go ahead and add one more egg :)